The Danish Maritime Authority’s address and main telephone number
Danish Maritime Authority
Carl Jacobsens Vej 31
Tel. +45 91 37 60 00
Facsimile: +45 91 37 60 01
Our reception is open
The cashier’s office is open
Danske Bank, reg. no. 0216, account no. 4069031625
CVR number: 29831610
Mail and telephone
You can send us an email on email@example.com
Maritime accidents and serious personal accidents should be reported to the Danish Maritime Authority by telephone +45 91 37 60 00.
Outside office hours, serious accidents can be reported to the person on duty in the Danish Maritime Authority by telephone +45 91 37 60 00.
Person on duty for survey purposes
Outside office hours, surveys of foreign ships calling at Danish ports or passing Danish waters can be reported to the person on duty in the Danish Maritime Authority by telephone +45 91 37 60 00.
Requests of surveys
Surveys of ships can be requested by calling one of the following telephone numbers:
- For surveys in Region North: Jutland north of Horsens – Hvide Sande (both incl.): Tel. +45 98 42 76 60
- For surveys in Region South: The islands as well as Jutland south of Horsens – Hvide Sande: Tel. +45 91 37 60 00
- For ISM and ISPS surveys: Tel. +45 91 37 60 00
Surveys of diving equipment can also be requested by calling one of the following telephone numbers:
- For surveys of diving equipment in Denmark: Tel. +45 91 37 60 00
- For surveys of diving equipment in Greenland: The survey office in Nuuk: firstname.lastname@example.org, tel: +299 32 54 44
Calls will be answered between 9 and 15 on weekdays.
Payment for surveys
Fees are paid for surveys as follows:
- Mandatory surveys of other ships than fishing vessels.
- Mandatory surveys of fishing vessels carried out in Denmark.
- If it has not been possible to initiate the survey arranged, if it has been necessary to disrupt it or if it has not been possible to finalise it within the basis time arranged due to circumstances pertaining to the shipyard, the shipowner or their representatives.
- The survey is carried out on the basis of a decision made by the Danish Maritime Authority because satisfactory information has not been provided about the rectification of previously found defects.
- In connection with the approval of marine equipment and vessels.
- In connection with the approval of STS operations and their quality management systems.
- In connection with IMS certification.
- Extraordinary audits following maritime accidents, etc.
- In connection with detentions.
Please contact the Danish Maritime Authority for further information or find the more detailed regulations in connection with surveys and user payment in the order on the payment of ship surveys.
The survey fees are available here.