The Danish Maritime Authority has two buoy tenders called "Poul Løwenørn" and "Jens Sørensen". The ships solve tasks related to maintenance of aids to navigation (buoys and lights) in Danish waters and are also used for hydrographic surveys.
Following agreement, tasks are carried out for others, including:
- Buoyage work
- Salvage operations
- Hydrographic surveys
- Diving operations
Facts about the ships:
- The ships have a length of approx. 49 metres.
- The ships have a breadth of approx. 11 metres.
- The ships have a draught of 3.10 metres.
- Maximum speed of 12 knots.
- The crane has a maximum reach of 13 metres and can lift 10 tonnes.
- The chain winch is capable of pulling 30 tonnes at a speed of 10 m/s.
On Jens Sørensen, the following has furthermore been fitted:
- A-frame boom with a 7 tonnes pull and data connection.
- A multi-beam echo sounder.