The Danish Maritime Authority charges fees for various services and in some cases, the amount charged may have been too high.
The Danish Maritime Authority has changed the rates of three fees with effect from 1 January 2019:
- Fee for wreck removal certificate (fees charged in the period 2015-2018)
- Reminder fee for overdue payment for ship survey (fees charged in the period 2008-2018)
- Reminder fee for overdue payment of annual ship registration fee (fees charged in the period 2013-2018)
If you have paid any of these three fees in the years mentioned, you can now apply for a partial fee refund.
The overcharged amount differs from year to year.
You apply for a partial refund of fees through virk.dk.
New fee rates as from 1 January 2019
With effect from 1 January 2019 the following three fees have been changed:
- Wreck removal certificates DKK 450 (previously DKK 1,250)
- Reminder fee regarding survey DKK 94 (previously DKK 250)
- Reminder fee regarding annual fee DKK 76 (previously DKK 250)