For those with practical experience in the burdensome handling of the many pieces of paper used for documentation for seafarers today, the digital certificates will be a welcome change. One app is all you need to access and maintain your certificates, and this app is of course part of the new concept being developed.
- The seafarer can store, view and share all their data via the app
- The ships’ master and the shipping company will have access to their crews’ certificates
- Data on will also be easy to present to maritime and port authorities prior to port calls, which has great potential for streamlining the often burdensome procedures of ship-port interface.
- The app is expected to be launched at the end of 2019
- Pilot project begins in May 2019