The Danish Maritime Authority has stipulated major health, safety and environmental requirements in connection with the performance of offshore diving operations.
Diving equipment used in connection with offshore diving operations must have been surveyed and approved by the Danish Maritime Authority.
An offshore diving operations shall mean diving operations (Order no. 1396 of 2013. §2):
- at installations
- at pipelines outside the territorial waters of ports used in connection with pipe-carried transport
- at depths exceeding 50 metres
- from dynamically positioned ships
- at offshore wind farms
- where a risk analysis shows that it is necessary to impose correspondingly stricter requirements
- where it is, due to the nature, extent and conditions of health and safety of the diving operation,
necessary to impose correspondingly stricter requirements
In case of doubt whether a diving operation is considered as offshore diving please contact the Danish Maritime Authority.
Fixed offshore diving systems must have been surveyed and approved by the Danish Maritime Authority. On the basis of this approval, the Danish Maritime Authority issues a certificate permitting the holder to operate in the Danish territory and Danish continental shelf area. Normally, such permits will be issued with a validity of one year. Personal protective equipment must be CE marked in accordance with national law in an EU member State or a country covered by the EEA Agreement and implementing the directive on personal protective equipment.
Non-fixed offshore diving systems and their composition must also be surveyed and approved by the Danish Maritime Authority and, on the basis hereof, a permit is issued to operate in the Danish territory and Danish continental shelf area. This permit is issued for each individual diving operation.
In order to request a survey of offshore diving equipment, please contact
The legislation applicable in this area is the act on diving operations and order no. 1396 of 12 December 2013 on offshore diving operations and offshore diving equipment.
Please address questions related to offshore diving operatons to:
- Ship Surveyor Kasper Raunskov Rasmussen, firstname.lastname@example.org or
+45 91 37 62 78
- Ship Surveyor Niels Brehm Nielsen,
+45 91 37 60 82
Updated list of offshore diving vessels approved by the DMA