A traffic monitoring and information system has been established for shipping in the Community with a view to making shipping safer and more efficient and to improve the authorities' response to accidents, incidents or potentially dangerous situations at sea, including search and rescue operations.
The Danish Maritime Authority can grant exemptions from the reporting obligation in pursuance of the order on technical regulation on a traffic monitoring and information system in Danish waters and ports if
- the ship is engaged in regular service:
- between Danish ports, or
- between Danish and foreign ports and the Member States involved agree to this,
- the regular service is planned to have a duration of more than 1 month,
- the planned duration of each individual voyage does not exceed 12 hours, and
- the shipping company:
- maintains a list of the ship(s) forming part of the regular service concerned and submits this to the Danish Maritime Authority the first time that an exemption is applied for an subsequently every time changes are made as well as
- establishes an internal system to ensure that the information about each individual voyage is recorded so that it, upon request, irrespective of the time and without delay, reaches the Danish Navy Operative Command immediately.
Application for being exempted from the reporting obligation under order no. 1021
The form should be forwarded along with any documentation to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Danish Maritime Authority maintains a list of the ships exempted and keeps the Danish Navy Operative Command updated.
Legislation in this area:
Order on technical regulation on a traffic monitoring and information system in Danish waters and ports