CE marking

​​​It is important that you make sure that the CE mark is found on board the craft. If it is lacking, it may be hard for you to sell the craft again or you may experience that the insurance company will not cover any damage. You can read more about the requirements for CE marking here. 

In general, a recreational craft is required to be CE marked when:
  • the vessel has a length of 2.5-24 metres,
  • the vessel has been put on the market or taken into use in an EU country or in Iceland or Norway for the first time after 16 June 1998. 

Recreational craft that have been imported from countries outside the EU or the EU countries Iceland and Norway after 16 June 1988 are required to be CE marked when they are put on the market or taken into use in the EU.

Water scooters

Water scooters must also be CE marked. This applies to all water scooters constructed or imported after 1 January 2006. The CE mark helps make safety on board recreational craft homogeneous.

Declaration of conformity

A valid CE mark must always be accompanied by a declaration of conformity, which is a document guaranteeing that the craft meets applicable standards.
Example of a declaration of conformity

The regulations on CE marking originate from the recreational craft directive, which has been implemented into Danish law through Notice L from the Danish Maritime Authority.
Link to Notice L from the Danish Maritime Authority (in Danish)
Link to the recreational craft directive (2013/53/EC)

On page 6, chapter I, article 2.2 of the recreational craft directive, you can find a description of products to which the directive does not apply.​​

 Related contents



72 19 60 00