Decorative image

Would you like to have a ship admitted to the Boat Register? Then see here how to do. You can find all the forms mentioned at the bottom of the page.

You must forward the following to the Danish Maritime Authority:

  • S8 application for registration of the ship
  • Builder's certificate or bill of sale
  • R application for registration of the owner
  • Tonnage certificate
  • Permission to register a ship

Has the ship been bought abroad?

Then you must forward a builder's certificate or a bill of sale (form B2). Furthermore, you must forward either a deletion certificate or a non-registration certificate from the country concerned. If the documents are from a country outside the EU, they must have been certified by an approved notary.

Annual fee

You must pay an annual fee for having the ship admitted to the Boat Register.
Get an overview of the fee here.

Contact a tonnage measurer or a classification society

Here, you will find a list of authorised tonnage measurers who can define your ship's tonnage.

Authorised tonnage measurers

If you intend to have your ship measured abroad, you must use an approved classification society instead.



Danish Ship Register
+45 72 19 60 00