Delete a pleasure craft

Image of yacht

​​​If you want to have your craft deleted, you must forward a form to the Danish Maritime Authority. The type of form to be used depends on why you want to have your craft deleted from the register. See below which form to use - the forms as such are found in the box at the bottom.

Craft without mortgage or right of use

You can have your pleasure craft deleted if it has a gross tonnage below 20 and no mortgage or right of use is registered in the pleasure craft. If you intend to delete the craft, you must forward form S9, which is available below. It is important that you forward the original, filled in form S9 to the Register of Shipping by ordinary mail. A copy will not be accepted.  

Craft sold to another country, lost or scrapped

You must have your craft deleted if you sell it to another country or if it is lost or has been scrapped. This is the case regardless of the size of the recreational craft, and instead of form S9 you must forward one of the following:

  • In case of sale to another country: form S4 and a copy of the bill of sale or contract
  • In case of loss: form S5
  • In case of scrapping: form S6