The Danish Maritime Authority experiences great interest for test activities several places in the country. The majority of the projects are, for the moment, in a development phase.
Below, you will find a list of current activities. The list is not exhaustive.
- Test of remote-controlled tug in Copenhagen area (SVITZER HERMOD)
- Test of remote-controlled work vessel in waters south of Fyn (TUCO Yards, Faaborg, and the American company, Sea Machines)
- Test of autonomous passenger vessel in Limfjorden (consortium Stigsborg waterfront MASH)
- Investigation of the potential for electronic lookout by the use of sensor equipping (DTU)
- Test of land based pilotage by means of drone technology in Fiord of Nyborg (Danpilot)
Safety is central in any test activity, and based on a safety case, the Danish Maritime Authority assesses if the safety is satisfactory, and whether the desired area is safe to use for the desired test of technology.