The 2019 conference theme will be “Paving the Way for a Digital Maritime World” focusing on the benefits and barriers when implementing e-navigation technologies.
The aim is to bring together different stakeholders from the maritime world to share their perspectives and discuss questions like
- What are the benefits and barriers for first movers in the industry?
- What is required from e-navigation solutions to prepare for a future with autonomous and smart shipping?
- The need for new and revised regulations and standards when implementing e-navigation initiatives
- What is required from authorities when implementing new navigational technologies and how can authorities make use of and implement e-Navigation services?
- How have comparable industries (air, road) benefitted from digitalization and what can we learn?
- How will new technologies impact the maritime industry 10 years from now?
- How do we ensure that safety is obtained and risks reduced when implementing new technologies.
Again in 2019 the conference will take place on board the PEARL SEAWAYS departing from Copenhagen to Oslo and back.