The sector cooperation focuses on maritime security and green shipping.
is an important maritime nation. The strategic sector cooperation
promotes cooperation with the Chinese authorities on safe and green
shipping through e.g. exchange of best practice and cooperation on
international regulation. In addition, it aims to improve the framework
conditions for Danish shipping companies and promote opportunities for
Danish maritime companies in China.
The cooperation encompasses a wide array of subjects, but focus on strengthening best practice in:
- Maritime accident investigation
- Control of ships in ports (Port State Control)
- Enforcement of regulation on ship's sulfur emissions
- Management of ballast water.
addition, knowledge and experience are shared on subjects such as
digitization of ships, zero emission vessels, alternative fuels and
offshore vessels. This has resulted in Danish companies being able to
present new solutions in the maritime sector to potential Chinese
buyers. In addition, the cooperation between the authorities has
strengthened relations and has resulted in increased cooperation on,
e.g., climate and accident studies in international fora.
Chinese partners in the cooperation are the China Maritime Safety
Administration (MSA) and the Ministry of Industry and Information
Technology (MIIT). The Sectoral cooperation has been ongoing since 2017
and phase 2 of the project started in the Spring of 2020.
- More information about Danish embassy in China or contact Sector advisor Hans Peter Glipman Jørgensen on firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contact at the Danish Maritime Authority: Thomas Blomgren-Hansen, Blue Growth and Maritime Policy, email@example.com