On 21 April 2017, the Maritime Strategy Team presented its recommendations for how Denmark can maintain its maritime position of strength towards 2025.
The 52 specific recommendations cover a wide field, from accelerated digitalisation in the maritime industries and the possibilities of using Danish waters for tests of, inter alia, autonomous ships and sustainable production of, for example, food in the sea to more competitive framework conditions and future-orientation of Danish maritime competences.
The Maritime Strategy Team was established in May 2016. The Maritime Strategy Team has representatives from a wide array of the Danish maritime sector.
The members of the Maritime Strategy Team are:
- Jesper Lok, Chairman of the Board, ESVAGT A/S; Chairman of the Board, J. Lauritzen; Vice-Chairman of the Board, Danmarks Skibskredit; Member of the Board, Inchcape Shipping Services (Chairman)
- Mikael Skov, CEO, Hafnia Tankers; Member of the Board, Danish Shipping
- Thomas Knudsen, CEO, MAN Diesel & Turbo; Chairman of the Board, Danish Maritime
- Ole Ingrisch, Port Director, Port of Esbjerg; Chairman of the Board, Danish Ports
- Christina Ørskov, Director, Orskov Group
- Jens Frederik Hansen, CEO, A2SEA
- Mette Sanne Hansen, Head of Maritime DTU
- Christina Grumstrup Sørensen, Senior Partner, Copenhagen infrastructure Partners
- Claus Jensen, Union President of the Danish Metalworkers' Union; Member of the Board, Innovation Fund Denmark; Member of the Danish Growth Council, etc.
- Andreas Nordseth, Director General, Danish Maritime Authority
The Maritime Strategy Team is tasked with examining the challenges and barriers to growth in Blue Denmark and with developing specific recommendations for future-oriented growth conditions. The work was initiated in June 2016 and the Maritime Strategy Team presented its report on 21 April 2017.
The recommendations of the Maritime Strategy Team laid the foundations for the Government's strategy for growth in Blue Denmark which was published in January 2018.